Billing for Laboratory Procedures
Most laboratory charges are billed separately from your physician appointment. If you have questions about your laboratory bill, please call the laboratory directly using the phone number listed on their bill.
Q. What is included in the OB Global fee?
A. The OB GLOBAL FEE is the anticipated cost you will incur for routine OB visits, physician’s delivery and one post-partum visit. Multiple births and high-risk pregnancies may require extra visits. This may result in additional prenatal charges.
Q. What is NOT included in the Global Fee?
A. Charges NOT included in the OB Global Fee include:
- Initial OB office visit charge
- Biophysical Profiles, Genetic testing including: Genetic Consultation, CVS, Amniocentesis
- Fetal Non-Stress Tests
- Any Laboratory Tests or Medications
- Newborn Circumcision, Cord Blood Collection
- ER visits, Hospital Stay fees, Anesthesiology fees, Newborn fees and labs. Please contact the hospital’s Preadmissions Office directly for questions concerning these charges.
- Surgical Assistant charges if you have a cesarean section.
Q. Does CTOA participate with my insurance carrier?
A. CTOA participates with many health plans and insurance companies.
- Not all doctors or locations may participate in every plan. Please contact your insurance carrier for specific coverage information.
Q. What is copay, coinsurance, and deductible?
A.This is the balance your insurance deems is your responsibility per your insurance contract.
- Deductibles are paid by the member and must be satisfied each year before insurance pays. Each family member usually has a separate deductible.
- Co-Payments are paid by the member each time you visit the doctor or use any medical service.
- Co-insurance requires you to pay a percentage of your visit fee.
- Maximum out of pocket expense is the most you will have to pay before your insurance begins to pay 100%
Q. What if I believe my insurance should have paid my balance?
A. You should contact your insurance company in this case. It is best to know the exact service date when calling them. If you are told the claim will be reprocessed, please ask how long it will take and then advise us of the information by calling 512-279-6746.
Q. What is a “COB” issue?
A. Often times, an insurance company will update their records on an annual basis. This includes verifying that you and/or your dependents are covered under just one health plan. This information can be updated only by the insured, not us. If we submit a claim and it is denied for this reason, your statement will reflect that additional information is needed from you. You will then need to call your insurance company and answer their questions over the phone. You will also need to advise them to reprocess any claims they have denied for this reason. We will continue to bill you for these services until your insurance company has processed your charges.
Q. Can I make a credit card payment over the phone or online?
A. Yes! You can avoid sending your card information through the mail. You can visit our website at www.centexobgyn.com and pay online or you can call 512-279-6746 and select Option 1 to use the automated system to pay your balance.
Q. Why is circumcision care not covered under my insurance?
A. Please contact your insurance company and verify that your newborn has been added to your policy. You can then discuss further insurance questions at that time. If you have enrolled the baby on a plan other that the plan associated with your account you will need to call our office with that information.
If you have questions that are not answered here please email our billing staff at BillingQuestions@centexobgyn.com or call 512-279-6746.